Beetle Juice






So I asked for an item of Fearne Cotton make-up from my parents for Christmas. When I opened this, by initial reaction was, how stunning is the packaging? It has a real vintage, granny chic feel and the quality is more than what you'd expect from a drugstore brand. This palette, which has three shadows, retails for around £8 and as far as I know is exclusively available to Boots stores.

The colours themselves are cool, neutral tones which I find extremely wearable. The minty green shade did initially scare me (I'm an taupe kinda girl!) but the colour is matched perfectly, and compliments the browns in a subtle way. My favourite is the far left shadow, which I like to wear as a wash over the lid, and then a small amount of the centre shade lightly through the crease for a little colour pop, in a safe way.

The consistency is smooth and buttery soft, proving that this brand isn't just a gimmick with a celebrity face to it. The palette has been well thought out and the quality rivals than of department store brands. In fact the sheen like finish reminds me a lot of Nars shadows, which really dent a hole in your bank account!

I'm now on the hunt to find the other shadow set, but unfortunately, as the range is exclusively for the Christmas period, its proving a hard task! I would love to see more pressed shadows next year from the range, and look forward to trying other products!

Did you get any Fearne products this year? Are you sad to see them go?

10 comments:

  1. Ah I wish I had picked this up at christmas! it look lovely!

    lindsayfrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww i love the design of this and the way the beetle is embosed on the eye-shadow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these shadows look so nice! I love the fearne packaging too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! so happy I found your new blog!
    I follow you on youtube and love your style!
    please check out my blog and follow ...

    www.head-toefashion.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This probably the most unique palette I've ever seen and the shades are beautiful. I didn't got any Fearne products, I didn't even knew that this brand existed I'll google it now, thanks for sharing it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, all 3 shades are gorgeous and I love the packaging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i love the packaging! I love anything that looks shabby/vintage :) I may have to try some of this!

    Check out my new blog, just been going for a few weeks ...
    www.facefashionandfaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got some fearne lipglosses from my boss at work and I absolutely love them! Comes with a clear, coral, pinky (goes amazingly with macs lipstick'snob' and a dark pink/red. It's not too sticky either! Defo check them out xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got some fearne lipglosses from my boss at work and I absolutely love them! Comes with a clear, coral, pinky (goes amazingly with macs lipstick'snob' and a dark pink/red. It's not too sticky either! Defo check them out xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got some fearne lipglosses from my boss at work and I absolutely love them! Comes with a clear, coral, pinky (goes amazingly with macs lipstick'snob' and a dark pink/red. It's not too sticky either! Defo check them out xx

    ReplyDelete