Perfection Lumiere






All though this only came out a week ago (I might have been queueing on launch day, oops!) But please take this as an initial impressions/observations on the foundation, more than an extensive review.

The frosted glass packaging is almost identical to the late Matt Lumiere counterpart. Heavy and luxury, its defiantly one for displaying on your dressing table. But, this is all part of what you'd expect for the £36 price tag.

Its marketed to be the bridge between the two 'Lumiere' foundations, its supposed to cater for all skin types. Personally, my skin is combination, with an oily t-zone, and dry, acne prone cheeks. I find that on my oily patches, this looks amazing, I'd go as far as saying flawless. On my dry patches however, its cakey and a little crusty. I rectify this buy using a richer moisturiser, or a primer.  I use the Sigma F80 to apply this foundation, and squirt 2 pumps into a palette (powder lid). My best tip for this foundation is to apply it in sections (cheek by cheek, and then nose, forehead etc), as the formula dries extremely quickly. Failing to do this can lead to a streaky application.

The coverage is on the full end of medium. This foundation looks fabulous when photographed, and when looking at it from a distance. However, when looking at the foundation up close in the mirror or close photography, you can see it on your skin. I wouldn't expect any thing less than that for a foundation that claims to provide 'perfection'.

There are many other ways I still want to try to wear this foundation. I'm interested to see what it looks like sheered down mixed with moisturiser, and also how it looks when applied with fingers or a different type of brush. One of my favourite things about the foundation is the feel of it on your skin, velvety and polished.

Have you got or tried a sample of the Chanel foundation? It's made me want to try the others, which is your favourite?

4 comments:

  1. Tempted to fork over £36 for this foundation, what primer would you recommend? xoxo
    http://www.madeinkayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try this. The first foundation by them that comes in my skin tone. Could you please post pics of how you look in it?

    Bluebox89

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try this foundation and this post has made me want it more!
    I think I'm gonna have a look at it.
    x

    handbagfullofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didnt try any foundation yet, but chanel is my fave color cosmetic brand in general.

    ReplyDelete