Clarins Lust

Clarins Extra-Firming Day Cream (here) & Clarins Extra Firming Night Cream (here)

Firstly I'm going to start by saying at £40 a pop, these creams wouldn't be something I'd have gone out and bought on a whim. I received them in my valentines Glossybox, and initially cast it aside because their 'Extra-Firming' line is marketed at over 40's.

Having said that, when I removed my make-up one night and my skin felt extra dry and ran down, I applied a thick layer of the night cream. My god, my skin has never felt in such excellent condition. It sunk in instantly, it doesn't leave a greasy residue on my oily skin like many other night moisturisers. The firming property is obviously not a key factor for me, but I can tell that it does make my eye area and cheeks feel lovely and plump. Huge thumbs up.

The day cream for me, is a complete star product. I do have oily skin, so I tend to favour something more mattifying. But as I said, my dry spell led to me using this. It works so beautifully as a primer for make-up, and I think us combination skinned girls forget that our skin needs moisture too!

Unfortunately, even though the sample size is extremely generous, they are coming to an end. I've even cut the tubes in half to maximise the usage (there was so much stuck to the bottle!!)

Will I buy it again? YES! Although I think I'd probably wait and ask for it as a birthday or Christmas present. We shall see how long I can go without it, I can hear my bank account crying at the thought of £80+ dropped on 100ml of cream.

5 comments:

  1. Really want to try this now, sounds amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have won a Blog Award check it out :) http://becaboosmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG literally love these! I'm coming to the end of mine too but don't want to repurchase purely due to the price tag.. BUT saying that, I may make an exception because they literally make my skin so amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. im gutted i didn't get these to try out in my glossybox!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice opinion.. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete