Make-up snob?!

So most of you who have seen my collection video, will know that I am one for hoarding make-up. I rarely use something up completely, and if I don't like it, it ends up sat in my drawers. So I decided to embark on a make-up clear-out of epic proportions. I decided to be pretty ruthless and if I hadn't used it in the past 3 months, I probably wouldn't any time soon.

I ended up with a full-to-the-brim Glossybox full of goodies for my mum to use, and then another gift bag of things for my nan to try out.


The drawers on top of my dressing table hold mostly high-end products, and those that are used on a weekly basis. The drawer in my dressing table however, collects mostly drugstore, rarely used products. If you take a look at the picture you will see how condensed it has become.

So obviously, to the majority of you reading this, my collection is far, far too big still. And I totally agree. Which leads me on to my new 'resoloution' of sorts.




I have came to the conclusion that, yes, all though cheap, drugstore make-up is often a waste of my money. There are a few stand out products I tend to reach for extremely often, but the majority I buy on a whim and then dislike. Because its so inexpensive, I rarely feel the guilt that I do if a luxury (expensive!) product goes to waste.

So from now on I have banned my cheeky pop-in-boots on lunch break purchases. I'm not saying I'll never shop at the drugstore again, but I just need to curb my make-up hoarding habit. Higher end products take me a while to save for, and even longer to make an informed decision, so hopefully my collection will shrink, slowly. I just feel like I'd rather have a collection half the size but of good, luxury brands.

So what do you look for in make-up, quality or quantity?

12 comments:

  1. I used to go for quantity, I have bags and bags of make up - quantity is handy because when I'm going on a night out or something and want something a little different I always manage to find it. Like my own shop! But on a day to day basis, I'd say quality! I have a tiny make up bag that slips in my bag with the best things I could find or afford for me! Love your blog btw, now following :) sorry for the blab!

    elissex.blogspot.com xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with clothes I have been going for quantity over quality recently! sometimes its a good thing!xx

      Delete
  2. I think that quality does not always mean big price tag but rather finding the products which will work for your skin / the make up look you are trying to achieve, and these products can both be found in high street shops and on the expensive make up counters ! xx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats very true! I have some really brilliant things in my collection that were under £10. But also I have a hell of a lot of rubbishy ones!xx

      Delete
  3. I wish I could bring myself to do this! x

    www.a-place-for-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I havent missed anything!! xx

      Delete
  4. I totally agree, I am trying to do this too! I want all my future make up purchases to be considered and to try not to buy something until i've used something up - im really bad with that with foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- thats what I'm doing too! thinking things through instead of impulse buying!! xx

      Delete
  5. i agree with collection makeup and not using them, its a waste of money, only attraction of eyes lol
    wish you'd sell some which might interest me.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not missed a single thing so its been a success!!
      I would do a blogsale but most of what I gave away was drugstore and wouldnt really be beneficial what with postage ect xx

      Delete
  6. I'm exactly the same, I buy something, get bored of it and it ends up in my draws!:-)
    also, where are your dividers in your draw from or are they built in?

    www.xlivelaughl0ve.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like my dresser , full to the brim! I'm trying to start a spending ban though . Where did you get your draw divides from ? xx

    ReplyDelete