Lives up to the hype!




So I'm not the type of person that usually buys into the 'hype'. Mention twilight around me and I'll vomit. Justin Bieber and One direction are top of my hit list (if I had one..) So I initially scoffed at the sudden explosion of the Hunger Games trilogy.

I am an idiot. I stayed up 'til 2 o'clock last night because I just could not put the first instalment down. I forced my dad to go out and buy me the second two this morning so I could begin reading them A.S.A.P. They're right up my street, a made up almost dystopian world. I can't deny that its not exactly the most challenging literature I've read, but its brilliant all the same.

So I was wrong about this one. I'd definitely give it a try, especially if you've been avoiding the drama like the plague, you may be pleasantly surprised!

(p.s. Twilight is still rubbish and predictable, and Justin Beiber and One direction are still unattractive adolescents. Sorry! haha)

12 comments:

  1. the 'p.s.' of this post made me giggle! i might have to give them a go, the hype normally puts me off massively as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first one and didn't think it quite lived up to the hype but I still loved it. It was easy to get into and kept making me think "just one more chapter". I reckon if I'd read them before everyone was going on about them being "THE BEST BOOKS EVER OMG" I might not have had such high expectations though :p
    (Loved the P.S., haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely one of the people who avoid the hype but you've convinced me to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought these a few days ago can't wait to read now, loved your p.s :P xx

    Bits & Bows

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveee your book ends!

    www.beautysw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im defiently going to be checking these out!
    Especially after reading someone (like me) who doesnt beleive the hype like them! :)
    xxx


    http://gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, definitely be having a look at these now. Love the pug book ends by the way! x

    http://beautyembraced.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not read them yet but I do want too! I'm still stuck in the middle of about 5 other books though haha

    Just to let you know I'm having a giveaway (click here!), including a Benefit Erase Paste :-)
    xxx
    http://laurenrmilor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/late-100-followers-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am a big fan of hunger game but the movie was not that good!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the first book but I think they got progressively worse...I was very disappointed with the ending :(

    www.iwishicouldwink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog! I'm obsessed with beauty blogs but its nice that you include other things on yours.... it gives me a change of read! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those book ends so much! i am just about to start the second book in the hunger games :)
    Holly xxx

    ReplyDelete