Nars Sheer Glow




This is a new 'series' I'm thinking about starting, in which I will review all of the foundations I currently own. I find foundation reviews to be extremely useful especially when looking to buy a new one!

Packaging
Out of all my foundations, this is probably my favourite packaging. It is sleek and luxurious, with one of the only draw backs being that it is made of glass, meaning it is heavy and more delicate. A lot of people have complained about the lack of pump, and Nars have responded by bring one out, which you can purchase at an extra cost. As with all Nars products the rubberised lid gets extra grubby and has started to look a little tacky.

Application & Finish
Sheer Glow is targeted as the 'glowy, dewy' counterpart for Sheer Matte. Initially I was concerned that this foundation would be more targeted for dry skin to give moisture and luminosity, but don't be fooled by the name, this foundation is universally suitable. On my normal to oily skin this foundation sits with a velvety finish, not completely flat but not the sticky, dewy finish you may expect from a 'Glow' foundation. I've tried applying this foundation with many brushes and to be honest, it is quite fool proof. I personally love the finish of this with the Elf Powder Brush, but fingers work just as well. The coverage is medium but could be built to a full look if that's what you desire by using an extra thin layer in certain areas. I've also used this mixed with a tinted moisturiser for a lighter look.

Longevity
Like I said, as the Nars can work on an array of skin types, the lasting time will vary depending on yours. On a day to day basis I am able to wear this over my normal moisturiser, without powder or touch ups. If I am, however, doing an 8 hour shift at work or I know I'll be out and about for a long period of time and want my make-up to look flawless, I'll set it with a loose powder.

Price Point
At £29, this is on of the most expensive foundations I own. Even for a high end brand, this is top of the scale. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to pay this for the perfect base, the only thing that aggravates me slightly is the fact you then have to pay extra for a pump! If companies like Rimmel and Boujois can include one and only charge £10ish then why not Nars?!

Conclusion
I would happily buy this foundation again. Although since my skin has cleared up, I am preferring a lighter coverage, this foundations main selling point is that it looks like skin. Although it covers my imperfections well when I'm having a rubbish day, it does have that heavy sat-on-top-of-skin look that others can. I think I'll just hold out until ASOS have 25% student discount on and pick a bottle up for those days when I need the extra coverage!

4 comments:

  1. I'd love you to do a series reviewing all your foundations, it would be amazingly helpful!
    xo

    rufflesandlace44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foundation reviews would be great! I really want to try this but I don't want to buy the wrong shade online since there's no NARS counter near me. What a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure there are comparision sites which can guess your shade with the equivilent mac version. If not the way I found mine was to search reviews and see what people with a similar skin tone bought! xx

      Delete
  3. Foundation reviews would be so useful! My skin has cleared up loads lately so I'm on the look out for new, lighter foundations x

    www.a-place-for-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete