Geometric Blazer and a Red Lip

IMG_2403 IMG_2397 IMG_2402 IMG_2404

Blazer: Next (Sale- available on this page or in Clearance stores)
Dress: ASOS (Link!)
Shoes: Newlook (Lots of colours available here)
Necklace: Primark
Lipstick: Nars 'Red Lizard' (I got mine from Space NK, but here is their website)


This dress started this morning in it's packaging ready to be returned to ASOS. When I first tried it on I initially thought 'shapeless, stretchy and maternity-like'. It stayed in the packet for a few days, but I woke up this morning and felt a desire to wear it. So it was re-ripped open.

Today was also a really red lipstick day. I was feeling like I wanted something a little extra for today, I'm feeling rather blah, and have been having problems with my feet, so I thought, well, if I can't wear fun shoes I'll wear a fun lipstick.

I don't know if any other blonde-haired girls can relate, but I've always struggled to find a suitable red lipstick. I had always reserved reds for brunettes or dark hair, but well, I think it's just because I have never found the right one. Personally, while I think dark haired girls can just about carry off any tone of red (depending on skin colour etc) I think that blondes really have to search for the perfect one. I believe that you'll probably have to splash out a little more to find something just right. Mine is Red Lizard by Nars, it's not too orange, and has a slight deepness to it that I believe suits me better.

So, what I want to ask you girlies is, do you have any red, or even just a bright, lipstick recommendation? What is your favourite in your face shade to wear?

7 comments:

  1. Love the lipstick on you! The darker shade really suits you. Love the outfit as well, the fairly simple look with the added benefit of a neon necklace and printed item looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blazer & lip colour - really suits you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is just perfect. My fave red lip is Dubonnet by Mac x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love this outfit. i have that necklace to and its become a firm favourite :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blazer!!! and I think the red lippy very much suits you!!! :)
    Nicole
    xox

    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that necklace! Such a nice outfit! xo
    www.lovevintageonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete