Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight

IMG_2381 IMG_2380 IMG_2383


I've never been one for highlighters; cream, liquid or powder. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to make-up, and the less steps, the better for me. So that means primers, highlighters and bronzers are all things I tend to bypass.

But one day, probably when I was feeling fat, full of PMS or just a little bit 'spendy' in Space NK, it ended up in my clutches. As I've mentioned a multitude of times, while I do like to buy things (and lots of them) I do like a bargain and rarely purchase without some kind of discount. Clearly this day I abandoned this tradition and ended up with this along with a Nars lipstick.

Anyway! On to the actual product. Firstly, it's £34. Certainly not cheap, and I can't lie, while do love the effects of this product, no little pan of powder really is worth such a sum of money. 

Here is what I love:
  • It is so finely milled and buttery soft I think I could confuse it with a cream to the touch.
  • It is by no means sheer, but it is subtle and natural
  • That compact, I mean just look at it..
  • The colour is the perfect medium between a 'white' and 'golden' highlighter. Not too icy but not too warm.
  • I can imagine that because of the above point, it would translate well on many skin colourings.

So there you have it, some of my thoughts on the Kevyn Aucoin highlighter that has been doing the rounds on blogs and Youtube recently. Sorry if it's not the best, but make-up reviews have never really been something I've excelled in.

Would you spend this much on a highlighter? If you do use highlighter, then which is your favourite? Seeing as I'm dipping my toe into the pond of cheekbones, I'd love to hear your recommendations!

4 comments:

  1. this is stunning, on my wishlist for sure! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this in my life :)

    lilacmonster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete