Dr Jart+ Water Fuse BB Beauty Balm

IMG_2521 IMG_2522


Packaging
Pretty standard tube really, but, being a BB cream, and not an actual foundation, I wouldn't really expect much else. It is decent, but to be honest it can get a bit messy. Also, the type of tube means that I will be able to reach every last bit of product.

Application and Finish
Firstly, I must mention, that this is a very decent coverage for a BB cream. I find the likes of the Garnier and Olay offerings to be patchy and streaky, however the Dr Jart Waterfuse acts in the same way as a foundation would.
I found it far too difficult to apply traditional BB creams with a brush (my preferred method) however, this one works a dream with every one I've tried. Apply it with a Real Techniques Buffing brush for fuller coverage (Akin to perhaps the Bourjois Healthy Mix) or well blended out with the Sigma F80.
When on the skin, again I think my main observation is that it behaves like a light weight foundation. It looks just like enhanced skin and discretely covers imperfections.

Longevity
Again, the Dr Jart BB cream (this one at least) lasts far longer than any other BB cream or tinted moisturiser that I've tried. It sits nicer on the skin than a foundation would after a few hours. I personally like to set this BB cream around my nose and chin, just mostly because I hate shine in those areas. If you don't mind a little bit of oils showing through at around lunch time then it shouldn't be a problem.

Price Point
I actually had to Google the price of this one, as I got it on a 1/3 off offer in Boots. It will set you back £18, which is pricey for a drugstore product, but the brand really is very luxury. As far as I know I've only seen it out and about in Boots, however, I'm sure there are plenty of places online you can pick this up.

Conclusion
I would definitely recommend the Water Fuse beauty balm, particularly to those who are new to BB creams or to those who are looking to make a step from a fuller coverage foundation into the world of lighter coverage. I also think this would make a lovely base for those who are not only dry or normal, but also for the more oily skinned amount us. One thing to note is that it is a 'one colour fits all' product, something that even low-end brands are avoiding. The colour I think could work for those who are NC/W 15-30. I know that is a wide spectrum but as the coverage is low, I think you could get away with it.


The BB cream is on 1/3 off again at Boots, so if you have been thinking of giving it a go, now is your chance! Link here!

Have you ever tried the Dr Jart+ Water Fuse BB Cream? Or any of the other variations? Also, let me know if you find these foundation reviews useful!

1 comment:

  1. I had a few samples of a BB cream by Dr Jart, not too sure if it was this one but they were really nice x

    ReplyDelete