Ladylike Pumps.. I've missed you.

Ask a blogger/vlogger how many pairs of Jeffery Campbells they own and it seems around 80% would hold their hands up, and if not, even more have coveted a pair at some point. I like a good shoe; not just ones that cost three digit sums of money, just a new, pretty pair of shoes. But in the 2+ years I've been blogging, and all those previous that I've been a shoe magpie, JC's have completely passed me by.

Don't get me wrong, they've not slipped under my radar. It's near to impossible to watch a look book on YouTube without a guest appearance from a pair. Or if not a genuine then the knock off version. I just don't like them. (cue gasps of shock!!!) It's the clumpy platform and horse-hoof like thing they've got going on that just makes me think I'd look less than 'hipster cool'. Now don't get to thinking that this post is about bashing JC's, more just an ode to a new way of thinking that means 1. Maybe my eye's get a break from seeing them everywhere, and 2. I have an excuse to buy new beautiful pumps now retailers are deciding their cool again.

IMG_2475 IMG_2477 IMG_2480

I always have, and always will be a 4inch(ish) pump wearer. Give or take an inch, add a slither of a platform, or don't, but I love me a classic pump. Maybe it's because my legs stopped increasing in length as an infant, or because all of their vertical growth seems to have gone horizontally. They make my legs look longer, leaner, and more elegant is what I am trying to suggest.

IMG_2483 IMG_2485

So my question to you is, are you a chunky or classic heel wearer? Which ever camp you rest in, why? Could you ever see yourself switching, or dipping your toe into a new trend? As you can see from the photos there are a few pairs in my collection that feature a block heel, when I see pretty shoes all of my previous logic goes out of the window, and they return home with me.

7 comments:

  1. I prefer chunky heels, I can never wear pumps because I have odd shaped feet and they just fall out of them :( These are some lovely shoes though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fourth shoe! chunky heels are my fav! x

    http://perksofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first two pairs your wearing :)

    I personally prefer both. Chunkier boots for autumn/winter and cute pumps for spring/summer :)

    fashioncrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoe lust! They're all lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with the black ones with the floral heel:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chunky heels all the way for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been a fan of the JC Litas either-I still don't understand the hype! Love those chunky floral numbers :)

    www.iwishicouldwink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete