Striking the balance

IMG_2555 IMG_2550 IMG_2554 IMG_2553 IMG_2556

Jacket: Next (sale stock, old) Blouse: F&F Tesco Jeans: American Apparel Easy Jean Shoes: Next

I struggle to find the balance between smart and causal. I'm either formal in a dress and some heels, or slouchy in boyfriend jeans, a jumper and converse. To be honest, I never particularly wear skinny jeans any more. there is something restricting about them that makes me feel really conscious. Well, alas, baggy slouch jeans aren't really suitable for the in-laws family party so I shoe-horned myself into my favourite pair, the Easy Jean. They're the perfect mix of stretch but with the hold that thicker jeans have. If like me you're a shorter girl, they come up pretty long, and AA haven't quite cottoned on to the fact that we aren't all 5ft9 super models, and don't do a petite option. Oh well, I do like a rolled up jean, and that's how I tend to wear all of mine. 

Killer shoes are the key to striking a smart/casual balance. These amazingly beautiful white and black heels from Next. I love them.

How do you put together a smart/casual look?

2 comments: