What's more dangerous? Being a beauty buyer, or fashion fiend?

My shopping habits go through stages. Some months I'll buy 5 new foundations and not a single pair of shoes, but the next I might avoid beauty all together, and pick up a new dress but in 4 different colour options. Such is the life of a shopaholic.

Today I am going to explain why I believe my beauty phase is far far more dangerous (for my bank account and already overly brimming storage solutions, that is) than my penchant for spending unnecessarily on clothing stages.
IMG_2548
This weeks beauty acquisitions.. Oops.

Okay, first of all lets get started on the fact that you don't have to be a certain size to feel happy with a beauty purchase. It doesn't matter if you are a size 6 or a size 16, that pastel blue nail polish is definitely going to fit. 80% of the time it is on offer too, buy one for £5 or 2 for £9. Obviously you'd be an idiot to pass up a deal and need to immidately pick another, I mean it doesn't matter that you are only saving one whole pound by buying them together, an offer is an offer. Before you know it you've walked out the door spending nearly double what you intended to, and with double the amount of products that you probably (more than likely) don't even want that much, God forbid actually need. Fashion wise, these kinds of deals don't draw me in anywhere near as much. Why do they normally only apply to boring basic t-shirts? I've never spotted a Buy two get a fiver off of beautiful high heels in Topshop? But those new eye shadows that promise to last until 2015? How could you possibly not be tricked into buying two of them?

OK, so the thing about buying clothes or shoes etc is that horrible feeling when you pick something up and think how amazing it will look on. Before you know it you've planned a series of outfits centered around this piece. But guess what, get it to the changing room and yourself in it, and it looks like a potato sac. Sad moment isn't it? But that's why beauty shopping is always a delightful high. You pick up that amazing moisturiser that promises air brushed skin and to make you look ten years younger (although technically, if that worked, I'd now look 9, hmm?) and even after you've handed over your hard earned cash for it, you still feel the same sense of happiness. Until you get it home, and it leaves you with one massive spot that engulfs your whole face or swells up your lips so much you need to drink through a straw. What I'm trying to say is, at least with clothes shopping you have an option to keep your money in exchange for not buying something that hinders not helps your appearance.

While yes I may spend my evenings covering my face in Sudocream trying to heal first degree burns (not really), I will still continue to shove my money into the pockets of skincare and make-up manufacturers, they promise (not always truthfully) to improve my appearance in a way that a pretty dress from Primark can't.

So what if the foundation I bought last week for £30 makes me look like an oil slick? There are 100's more out there for me to be trying, and hey, you've got to kiss a few (a lot) of frogs before you find your prince, right?

1 comment:

  1. How about a simple interview query to get a founder of the organization: how do you make money?



    Also visit my blog; online dating tips for women from men

    ReplyDelete