Skincare Saviours

IMG_3111 IMG_3107

Una Brennan Pore Purifying Clay Mask
Una Brennan Lifting Treatment Mask
Caudalie Beauty Elixir
Elemental Herbology Cell Food Radiance and Vitality facial serum


Skincare has to be one of the hardest things in beauty to get just right. Yes, it's hard to find the perfect shade of red lipstick and find holy-grail status foundation, but a solid works-for-me skincare routine.. that's just a whole other ball park.

Here is some background on my skin. It's pretty normal as in not overly flakey or oily, but gets very dehydrated. It can get pretty congested depending on my diet or if I'm trying new make-up, but is by no means acne-prone (a word used far too freely in the beauty community if you ask me).

After a recent bout of bumpy uneven skin, that just looked dull and miserable I decided that my then routine wasn't cutting it. Cue these babies....

Una Brennan Pore Purifying Clay Mask. The mother of all clay masks, in my personal opinion. It clears, calms and de-congests the skin while at the same time not stripping it of moisture and oils. The results are pretty instant actually, after five minutes flannel it off and pores will be tightened and your blemishes will be less noticable. I find that this mask helps to speed up spot healing time also, as well as drawing out redness.

Una Brennan Lifting Treatment Mask. I really like this brand! This mask I tend to use more frequently than the clay one, varying from every other day during sad skin times, or once a week if I'm feeling more oily. I tend to use this in a similar way that you would the Origins Drink Up overnight mask, so put a relatively thick layer on instead of night cream and let it sink in as I sleep. The result is hydrated, plumped skin. Sometimes I even put a thin layer on before makeup if I feel like I want a dewy look or my skin is dehydrated and makeup wouldn't sit right over it.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir. Now the hype has slightly died down over this product I feel as though I can review it and you can take it more seriously. I did pick up my first bottle during the *omg Victoria Beckham swears by this bloggers NEED it* bandwagon, but held out from really singing it's praises until now (anyone else just roll their eyes at another hyped product review after seeing 400 ITS SO GOOD ones?.. just me?). The reason I love it is because the Rosemary and peppermint just completely calms my skin and eliminates redness. Yes it contains alcohol and perfumes but it works for me, so I'll continue to use it (sorry, not sorry!)

Elemental Herbology Cell Food Radiance and Vitality Facial Serum. What a mouthful? If you saw my Space NK & Primark Youtube haul you know I was sucked into buying this after the MUA put it on me. God am I glad I spent the better part of £50 on it. I'd pay it again and again (and will) for the results it gives. Smooth and moisturised skin, without that tackiness of oilier serums. A perfect light but does it's job one for younger skin who's pores get clogged easily, yet still needs hydration. I use this morning and night and on those lazy nights when I forget, boy, can I see and feel the difference.


I hope this little mini round up helped introduce you all to some products you either have never heard of before, or maybe if you were a little on the fence helped tip you over the edge (say sorry to your bank account on my behalf!)


1 comment:

  1. Do you want to get rid of those revealing stretch marks? Do you want to have that flawless and fair body?

    Check this out! http://www.topstretchmarkremoval101.imniches.com/

    ReplyDelete