Bobbi Brown Smokey Palette Warm

IMG_3192 IMG_3191

Bobbi Brown Smokey Palette in Warm (£37.50 from Bobbi Brown)

This is surprisingly my very first and to date, only product from Bobbi Brown. They have always struck me as a pretty safe, minimal and natural brand that was more suited to a mature lady. I was wrong.

Their christmas collection made me dribble and it took me two evenings of pondering before I decided that I would make the Smokey Palette in Warm mine. It was a tough decision between this and the Cool version, but eventually I settled on Warm, which is more golden and day time appropriate for me personally.

I'm not going to sit and describe the shades as the pictures are accurate and the descriptions on the Bobbi Brown website are spot on. But let me just take a second to describe the formula/texture. Buttery soft, almost difficult to differentiate from a cream product. The pigment is so smooth, and fine and the colour is even, something often lacking in shadows.

The packaging, as you'd imagine, is luxurious and weighty, and surprisingly the brush is good too. I think it actually feels as though it has been thought about and is in line with the quality of the brand, rather than just a cheap afterthought like some compacts have.

Oh, and the price? Well it isn't that bad! £40, while is not cheap, for a palette of 6 relatively large high quality shadows, works out quite a bargain (around £6.50 per shadow).

Have you spotted the Bobbi Brown Christmas palettes? I feel like all the hype surrounds the newest Nars releases other amazing products get overlooked..



3 comments:

  1. LOVE the look of this! Although I've just invested in the Clarins Essentials palette so I'm not so sure I can justify splurging on this as well

    Elissa | www.styleaffix.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks & sounds lovely. The colours are wearable and pretty! I only own a shadow stick & a concealer from BB. Never tried their shadows. I think this would be a great palette to add to my collection
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete