Bourjois Happy Light Foundation & Concealer

IMG_3163

Although I absolutely love finding a gem at a bargain price from the drugstore, I fail to get excited for new launches, and get the 'OMG I NEED IT' feeling that is standard with luxury make-up launches. The only exception to that is Bourjois base product launches. Healthy Mix original was an all time favourite for a very long time, and I continued to use it until it broke me out (I've yet to try the updated version in fear that it will upset my skin). The serum offering was lovely but not all that suitable for my skin type and then this.

The Happy Light range is supposed to be natural finish make-up that looks like skin, enhances natural features but also doesn't skip on coverage. I purchased both the foundation and concealer seeing as they were on introductory offer (still are in both Boots and Superdrug) so it seemed rude not to. Here is a quick run down on my initial two week thoughts.

IMG_3164

Bourjois Happy Light Foundation (Shade 52)
The first thing to note, that many others who have review this mention, is that the shades do not correlate like the other foundations from the brand. They run darker, and I found as a general rule of thumb most have gone for between 1-2 shades lighter that what they have bought previously. The texture is silky and reminds me of the YSL le Teint Touche Eclat. I love that a drugstore brand has brought out a foundation that is glowing and light but not full of sparkles. The finish is natural but controls oils and will be more suitable for combination skins that the Healthy Mix Serum.  I definitely had a gap in my foundation wardrobe for an affordable everyday work foundation that is long lasting when set and has a similar finish to something higher end. Consider that gap filled.

Bourjois Happy Light Concealer (Shade 21)
I do have to start out this review by saying this concealer is in no ways 'light'. I mean, it isn't thick light the Collection Lasting Perfection that I find far to unnatural, but I think the name suggests something which lacks in coverage and also a thinner consistency. Now that might all sound a little but negative nelly, but actually, this has shot up to my all time favourite concealer. A little definitely goes a long way, but when heated with fingers, blended well and set this honestly does a fab job of covering dark circle, and spots as well.


All in all, another amazing launch from Bourjois. What with this, the success of their other bases and the constant innovative and up-to-date launches to hit the drugstore, it secures them a spot in my top 5 favourite brands.

Although I definitely haven't tried everything Boujois has to offer, so let me know in the comments, what is your favourite product from them?


4 comments:

  1. great post. dying to get my hands on this!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually read a lot of positive reviews of this foundation but I can't try it as the lightest shade would be far too dark for me - really disappointed with their shade range for this foundation :( x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try these someday. Thanks for mentioning the foundations run darker. Is that the same case for the concealers? Do you have a swatch of it somewhere? Thanks!

    http://makeupbypatriciam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this fantastic review, Sophie. I typed in Bourjois Happy Light Concealer into Google and so glad I did, because otherwise I wouldn't have found your lovely blog!
    I bought the concealer the other day and used it yesterday. I wasn't head over heels in love with it but I'm giving it another go since I've read a few great reviews.
    I've followed you on bloglovin so I never miss a post :) Would love it if you could check out my blog and do the same, if you like it?
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete