Nars One Night Stand Palette

IMG_3202 IMG_3199 IMG_3201 IMG_3203

Nars One Night Stand Cheek Palette (£45, seems to be sold out, check your local stockists! or stalk Space NK new in!)


Boy do I feel lucky for pre-ordering this mouth-watering cheek palette. If you've been a long term reader of my blog you'll know my penchant for Nars blushes. That, coupled with the fact that I've always wanted to dabble in Nars Laguna but never wanted to commit, led to the quickest check-out ever.

Here are the shade low-downs and why I love them;
 
Devotee, a gorgeous highlighter that reminds me of a more pigmented and obvious version of the Kevin Aucoin By Candlelight highlight. It is buttery soft and gives a soft focus, almost wet-look to your cheekbones. I'm not exaggerating when I say your cheekbones literally pop out when this is applied.

Mistinguette, a scary looking doll-like pink that pulls surprisingly wearable when applied with a light hand. I like to go for a pinkier cheek when wearing a berry lip so that things stay looking fresh. This powder does come off slightly chalkier than the others but still applies silky smooth.

Orgasm, one that I've always looked at on counters and online but never wanted enough to purchase alone. Despite the hype surrounding this product, I actually had low expectations after seeing how glittery it looked. It is a nice blush, one you don't have to think about applying carefully, and will go with the majority of make-up looks.

Laguna, I'll admit I was definitely most excited to try this bronzer out of the whole bunch. When I opened the palette I was surprised as to how dark it looked. It almost reminded me of my contouring blush shade, Blunt from MAC. I had visions of streaky orange brown patches on my cheeks, but gosh, I shouldn't have worried. It's rare for me to find a bronzer that actually looks good under harsh daylight but this looks so natural. I know I will get so much use out of this little square and will be repurchasing.

Deep Throat, the only one of the colours that I already owned, surprisingly. A peachy pink colour that brightens your complexion and suits all skin tones. Personally, this is the stand out colour from the whole blush collection over Orgasm and deserves much more hype.

Goulue, how gorgeous? A soft plum colour that reminds me of Douceur but with a shimmer. It gives a lovely sculpted cheek and the perfect warmth for A/W. This is actually my favourite blush out of the entire palette and one that I know will fast become a go-to in my make-up bag.


They are all just as pigmented as the full sized blush offerings and this is literally the perfect palette to travel with. Personally I think that it is amazing value for money, and the palette itself is a decent size (shown in the above picture against a MAC lipstick, normal Nars blush compact).
Would I recommend that you hunt it down? Definitely! It's not only amazingly beautiful to look at (I'll admit I sometimes reach for it and just open and stare) but it also it is an amazing dip into the toe of the brand. 

Have you been lucky enough to get your hands on the One Night Stand palette? Are you desperately searching for it now it seems to be too late?

 

4 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful! x

    http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post.
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kicking myself for not buying this little beauty when I first heard about it a few weeks ago. And now I can't get hold of it. Have you heard of where they might be stocking it? Great post and blog!

    Emma xx

    beautyandthebigsmoke.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours in the blush palette look so lovely!

    ..x

    ReplyDelete