YSL Youth Liberator Foundation

IMG_3213 IMG_3236 IMG_3220 IMG_3235
YSL Youth Liberator Foundation in shade B30 (£37 approx from all YSL stockists)


Have you heard enough about this foundation yet? I got sucked in, hook, line and sinker. I used to be able to resist the bucket loads of "OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING" post reviews on new releases, but recently I have been refreshing the "New in" sections of my favourite beauty sites, card at the ready.

Any way, back to the foundation at hand. Unlike my last foundation review, L'oreal Eau de Teint, I still haven't completely fallen for it. I think this is a good foundation, but I don't know why I don't love it. Lets break it down...

The shade range is much akin to all of the other YSL foundation offerings. B for similar undertones to MAC NC and BR for MAC NW. They do go relatively dark and reasonably light but my niggle with the YSL shades are that the jumps between shades are vast. I always wear B30 but if they did a B25 I'd be more suited to that.

Oh, and I'd better just mention. Yes, its called Youth Liberator, but guess what. You don't have to stick to what the packaging says. Imagine if no one ever tried the ELF Powder brush for foundation? It's not too moisturising for my combination skin but if you are massively oily it's probably not the best choice for you.

The formulation is thick and relatively gel like. Its actually thicker than the Le Teint Touche Eclat and I found that hard to work with. I find that the thicker the foundation the harder it is to blend and it feels like it just its being spread across the top of my skin.

But the finish. Oh gosh. It looks relatively full coverage and flawless on initial application and but the amazing wow! moment is about an hour to two later and it just becomes as one with your skin. It looks glowing, radiant and very very perfect. 

So that leaves me in a bit of an awkward situation. Do I love it or do I hate it? Well, when its on my face and worn-in, I'm in love. But I think what I do need to do is work on the best way to apply it. Fingers don't spread it evenly and the brushes I've tried aren't quite cutting the mustard with its thick formulation.

Have you tried the Youth Liberator foundation? How do you apply it to get the best results?


1 comment:

  1. great foundation! your so pretty!!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete