New In: Skincare

IMG_3390
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, Simple Rich Moisturiser, Liz Earle Skin Tonic, Liz Earle Eyebright.

Skincare is something that I've always had to be very strict and consistent with because of how bad my skin was in my early teens. I was very lucky in the fact that my parents educated me of the importance of a skincare routine from an early age. I had got stuck in a bit of a rut with the products I was using, and while yes, it was working, I just needed to inject something new to give a bit of a boost.

Garnier Micellar Cleaning Water I had previously been loyal to the L'oreal offering, but after seeing this pop up in my aisle of my local Boots I knew it would go straight to the top spot. It is very similar to the L'oreal one only you get more for your money. I had got back into the habit of using wipes to remove my make-up (which I don't have a massive issue with to be honest) but I did notice during my 2nd cleanse that they weren't properly removing my make-up. This gets off every last trace and doesn't dry out my skin.

Simple Rich Moisturiser This is actually a repurchase. I've owned this several times and it's a good basic all rounder moisturiser. I think the good thing about it is that it has no big claims, it just simply moisturises your face and leaves it a good base for make-up. It's also only a few pounds and available from supermarkets or drugstores.

Liz Earle Skin Tonic I absoloutely love the Liz Cleanse and Polish, so trying other products from the brand is something I thought would have happened sooner. The skin tonic is amazing at soothing the skin and helping reduce the appearance of pores along with controlling any shine. 

Liz Earle Eyebright This is something I couldn't get much use out of while having my eyelash extensions, but I've decided to give them a break until I go on holiday (I'm trying to save and also want it to feel special when I have them again) so I've really been enjoying this soothing eye lotion. Sometimes I use it to remove eye make-up other times just as a soothing eye compress if I've had a long day or overdone it with the contact lenses. I don't know if I'd repurchase the full sized version because it's not an essential step for me, but it's definitely a nice little luxury to have.


Also pictured is the book Age-less by skincare expert (who also has a product range) Dr Brandt. The book is very informative about damaged skin, preventing aging and the best way to treat it. It's a fab book to keep in your handbag as you can just dip in and out of the chapters. I'd highly recommend it to any skincare enthusiasts and would appreciate any of your favourite beauty or skincare related reads in the comments..


2 comments:

  1. I'd really like to try the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water! x

    http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just picked up the Garnier cleanser, I'm excited to see how it compares to my Bioderma ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete