Revlon Matte Balms

IMG_3433 IMG_3435

Revlon Matte Balms in (top to bottom):
Elusive, Unapologetic and Complex.


I am sucked into hype every time. However, I am the biggest skeptic of lip products. MAC Patisserie, Nars Red Lizard and Seventeen Beehive are ultimate holy grail, and I was pretty content with those. Until I saw the colour range of the new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms. They scream spring 2014. And I love Spring.

I was a little hesitant to order online because although people had said they were suitably moisturising, I hadn't had a chance to swatch, and in my mind, crayon formula + matte= cakey mess. But you were all right, they glide on with a menthol lipbalm feel, that kind of blots into a matte finish. Well, I'd say this are more akin to a MAC Satin lipstick. Surprisingly my personal favourite is actually the nude. It is very skintoned and needs to be blotted out, however it looks amazing with a dark smokey eye.

The bad thing about these balms are that they are so good there will always be another shade you'll want to pick up. Next on my list is the pale peachy coral that will look amazing with all my new pastel summer clothes (I think a haul is on the cards!).



Have you tried these Matte balms? I'm yet to try the lacquer ones but have heard good things about the nude offering, are those just as beautiful?


4 comments:

  1. Really need to try them out! x

    http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try these out too, I have heard only good reviews. It's going to take me ages to decide what colours to buy as I want them all
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm heard so many good reviews about these!!! I need to pick some up asap! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually LOVE these. My favourite is Elusive- it's such a good product for everyday wear. They also seem to stay put for quite a long time- even when you eat!

    www.whencaitiemetsoda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete