Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet

IMG_3713 


Chanel foundations are some what of a new addiction of mine. As you've probably all gathered, I am a complete base junky. I am legitimately addicted to purchasing new foundations. This does, unfortunately, mean that more often than not I fall in love with one, and then a new one comes along and steals the lime light. Hence the quite delayed review of the Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation.

The first thing to mention is that the Lumiere Velvet shades actually run darker to the others in the line. I wear a B30 in 90% of Chanel base products, so bought this one without even thinking about it. When I first apply this shade I look only slightly oompa loompa-esque, but fear not, for some reason this foundation dries down around half a shade.

The consistency is very runny, much like the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (which unlike this foundation, broke me out awfully), and therefore a) causes quite a bit of wastage, and b) makes it trickier to apply. Some people recommend using fingers with runny foundations however I personally feel that this makes the finished result really patchy and sheers out the coverage too much on a whole. I love the way this looks applied with a dense brush like the Space NK Flat Top Powder brush or Sigma F80. This makes my face look really flawless and like a real life instagram filter.

Although the finish is described as 'velvet' and is being touted as the matte equivalent of the Aqua, it definitely looks like skin. I would say this is suitable for all skin types, and my combo skin can handle it without being powdered, but I would say a little set in the T-zone actually makes it look better for longer (as it does with most things). But yes, I'd be perfectly happy wearing this with no powder on top with little to no worry that I'd look like an oil slick come 3pm.

Overall, this has shot its way into my top 5 current foundation line up and its definitely something that I would repurchase.


Coverage: Medium/Full
Skin Type: All but drier skins will need a moisturising primer
Finish: Skin like but with a velvet look
Repurchase?Yes I would, but its not something I'd stockpile/back-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment