A Book Lovers Survey

I'm not too sure where I first spotted this little survey, perhaps on one of my favourite blogs Nouveau Chique. I know you all like hearing me talk about (see me type about???) books, so here we go...

IMG_3862





Do you remembered how you developed a love for reading?
When I would get addicted to reading my Sweet Valley twins books and use a torch under my duvet so I could carry on reading on a school night long after my bedtime. Sorry Mum.

Where do you usually read?
All over the place really. In the staff room on my lunch, at night in bed etc. My favourite places to read though are in the sun by the pool on holiday or on the plane on the way to my holiday destination.
Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?
I will never be one of those people who can have several books going all at once. I like to read one at a time and I read very fast so if I'm really into it I will read a couple a week.
What is your favourite genre?
I actually surprisingly read a lot of non-fiction. I read historical texts, first hand witness accounts and general coffee table knowledge books a lot for 'light reading', but also enjoy gothic novels such as Frankenstein and Dr Jeykell and Mr Hyde as well as a dystopian novel or too. Oh and don't forget an odd cheesy girly one, or young adult or two.

Is there a genre you will not read?
I never say never as I always said that crime novels were snooze-ville. However, a few summers ago I got hooked on Ian Rankin and my mind was changed. I have always had zero interest in Sci-Fi though, be it films or books.

Do you have a favourite book?

Like many book addicts I could never narrow it down to just one. Sylvia Plath 'The Bell Jar', Mary Shelley 'Frankenstein', All of the Lawrence Rees books regarding WWII, Anne Frank 'The Diary of a Young Girl', Oscar Wilde 'The Picture of Dorian Gray', are literally a small handful. I could chat favourites all day.

What is your least favourite book?
Again, there are many. When you read as many books at I do, you will find lots of them. However, rather controversially I was completely uninspired and disinterested in Jane Eyre. Sorry, not sorry.

What is the longest book you have ever read?
Fellow English Lit students will nod in agreement at James Joyce 'Ulysses'. So. So. Long. Yeah, It was a tough one.

What was the last book you bought?
I actually bought three in one go from Amazon. Two infographic non-fiction beautiful hard backs, 'Information is beautiful' and 'The infographic history of the world' and I also cheekily added Erin Morgensteins 'The Night Circus' after spying it in Tanya Burrs favourites video.

Do you prefer library books or buying books?
I absolutely love the smell of the library and I am addicted to old books, however I like to write my name and the date I started reading inside the front cover, so buying books it is. I also like to dip back into them and re-read a chapter or specific bit of books that I like.

What are you currently reading?
I'm currently leafing through the two infographic novels I mentioned above, however I actually am not reading anything else substancial at the moment, I blame being busy at work and feeling generally uninspired as a person, boo hoo.


So there you have it, me rambling on about books! One of my favourite topics to chat on and on about. If you are similarly enthralled by reading like me, then feel free to do it too, and don't forget to let me know, I am extremely nosey.



1 comment:

  1. Cute tag. I had to read Ulysses at uni. I just didn't read it, it annoyed me too much. Haha! Excellent student. I read The Night Circus last year and was disappointed after hearing good things about it. Would like to know what you thought!

    Faye x
    www.iwishicouldwink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete